The terms "We" / "Us" / "Our"/” Company” individually and collectively refer to The Basics and the terms "You" /"Your" / "Yourself" refer to the users.
To avail certain services on our Websites, users are required to provide certain information for the registration process namely: - a) your name, b) email address, c) gender, d) age, e) PIN code, f) credit card or debit card details g) medical records and history h) sexual orientation, i) biometric information, j) password, etc., and/or your occupation, interests, and the like.
The Information as supplied by the users enables us to improve our sites and provide you the most user-friendly experience.
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to identify as the author of content you submit to the sites;
- to fulfill your requests for products and services;
- to administer, support, improve and develop our business;
- to improve the content and features of our Web Platforms (such as by personalizing content to your interests);
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- to enable us to show you relevant ads;
- to generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, Our user base and Web Platforms usage patterns;
- to provide you with customer support.
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- and to send you information about us and our businesses.
Such information will not be considered as sensitive if it is freely available and accessible in the public domain or is furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force.
We may disclose your personal information that we collect or you provide, in the following ways:
- We may share your information with outside service providers that we use for a variety of purposes, uch as to send you e-mails and messages on behalf of other users, push notifications to your mobile on our behalf, help us analyze use of our Web Platforms, and process and collect payments. Some of our products, services and databases are hosted by third party hosting services providers. We also may use vendors for other projects, such as conducting surveys or organizing sweepstakes for Us. We may share information about You with these vendors only to enable them to perform their services.
- We use Google AdSense on our Web Platforms. As you may browse websites those have partnered with Google or Google sites, such as YouTube, Google may place a cookie in your browser to track the types of pages visited or content that you viewed. Based on this information, Google associates your browser with relevant interest categories and uses these categories to show interest-based ads. For example, if you frequently visit travel websites, Google may show more ads related to travel. Google does not associate sensitive interest categories with your browser (such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation, health, or sensitive financial categories), and does not use such categories when showing you interest-based ads. Google provides “Opt out” option if you may not want Google to collect interest category information and you will not receive interest-based ads.
- We may share your information when we believe in good faith that such sharing is reasonably necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities or to comply with legal process. We may also share your information to investigate and address threats or potential threats to the physical safety of any person, to investigate and address violations of this Policy or the Terms of Service, or to investigate and address violations of the rights of third parties and/or to protect the rights, property and safety. Our employees, Users, or the public. This may involve the sharing of Your information with law enforcement, government agencies, courts, and/or other organizations on account of legal request such as summons, court order or government demand to comply with the law.
- If You interact with social media features on our Web Platforms, such as the Facebook Like button or Twitter, or use Your social media credentials to log-in or post content, these features may collect information about Your use of our Web Platforms, as well as post information about Your activities on the social media service. Your interactions with social media companies are governed by their privacy policies.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or our safety or that of Our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- When You place an Order on our Web Platforms, the information You provide to Us, is shared with the Vendor with whom You choose to transact. In order to facilitate Your Order, We provide Your information to that Vendor in a similar manner as if You had placed an Order directly with the Vendor. If You provide a mobile phone number, Vendors or us may send You text messages regarding Your Order or Order’s delivery status. Some Vendors also require You to provide credit or debit card account information to secure Your Order. When You place an Order through our Web Platforms and/or make a payment to a through our Web Platforms, We may also share with the Vendors additional information, such as information about Your preferences and history or information that We collect from third-parties. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of the Vendors.
- If we require your credit or debit card information, by submitting these information, you expressly consent t o the sharing of your information with Vendors, third-party payment processors, and other third-party service providers (including but not limited to vendors who provide fraud detection services to Us and other third parties).
To improve the responsiveness of the sites for our users, we may use "cookies", or similar electronic tools to collect information to assign each visitor a unique, random number as a User Identification (User ID) to understand the user"s individual interests using the Identified Computer. Unless you voluntarily identify yourself (through registration, for example), we will have no way of knowing who you are, even if we assign a cookie to your computer. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply (an example of this is when you ask for our Personalised Horoscope). A cookie cannot read data off your hard drive. Our advertisers may also assign their own cookies to your browser (if you click on their ads), a process that we do not control.
Our web servers automatically collect limited information about your computer"s connection to the Internet, including your IP address, when you visit our site. (Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data - such as the web pages you view.) Your IP address does not identify you personally. We use this information to deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our site to the interests of our users, to measure traffic within our site, and let advertisers know the geographic locations from where our visitors come.
LINKS TO THE OTHER SITES
Our policy discloses the privacy practices for our own web site only. Our site provides links to other websites also that are beyond our control. We shall in no way be responsible in way for your use of such sites.
We do not share any sensitive personal information to any third party without prior consent of the user in the following limited circumstances:
When it is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, or for prosecution and punishment of offenses. These disclosures are made in good faith and belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary for enforcing these Terms; for complying with the applicable laws and regulations.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
All information gathered on our Website is securely stored within our controlled database. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall; access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. And, of course, any information you include in a posting to the discussion areas is available to anyone with Internet access.